Wednesday, May 23, 2012

R3. Mr. Currin

                Is Mr. Currin a big deal or not? Hm… this is a very tough question to answer. If you ask Mr. Currin himself, he will tell you all about how he thinks he a big deal. One of the quotes he is famous for here at Alden High School is, “I’m kind of a big deal.” He likes to tell stories about his hometown, Angola, and how there is a statue of him there. Now I don’t know about everyone else, but I have been to Angola multiple times in my life and have yet to see this statue. If I had to say whether or not I think he is or isn’t a big deal I would have to say he is. I say this as an advisement sista of Mr. Currin that our whole advisement family is a big deal. Really though, I have yet to meet a student that dislikes my advisement sista, which is rare that students don’t not like a teacher. With Mr. Currin you can tell he actually care about his students and what he’s doing and that really set him apart from other teachers. He is very funny and sarcastic and can make a whole class laugh. Although, when I just started freshman year and was in his advisement I was very scared of him. Since then our advisement family has grown a lot and I’m no longer afraid of him. Mr. Currin is a big deal around here. People have shirts with his face on them. There are pictures of his face glued on sticks that people use as passes. The biggest reason that Mr. Currin is a big deal though is because of his coaching ability. You may be thinking I’m talking about football, but I am not. Mr. Currin is a phenomenal girls modified basketball coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment