Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Q3. Best English Book

I’ve read plenty of books in English throughout my life. I think one of the best, even though it isn’t a book, is Julius Caesar. It was so easy to understand, not to mention it had a great plot. I liked everything about Julius Caesar and I could go on about how much I loved it all day. I’m just kidding though. It was awful and I had English 1st block and it put me to sleep every time we read it. To me, I can remember very few books that I read in English and actually enjoyed. In 8th grade we read The Outsiders and I really liked that book. It was very interesting and was actually enjoyable to read. We watched the movie after we read the book and I really liked the movie too. Nooks from English that stand out to me as being terrible were Johnny Tremain, in 7th grade. In 6th grade we read Catherine, Called Birdy which was awful. For 8th grade the book we read that was awful had to be A Christmas Carol. It was so boring and hard to understand. Last year in 9th grade we read two awful selections. One of them was My Darling, My hamburger. It was just so unbelievably stupid. We also read Romeo and Juliet. It is just so hard to follow and was just so bad. We also were forced to watch the movie of Romeo and Juliet which was pretty bad. The worst movie was watching the BBC version of Julius Caesar. I really don’t know what person decides what books to read in English, but whoever does has made many awful choices. Although, I do have to say we are reading To Kill a Mockingbird currently. We are only like 70 pages into it so I don’t know if I will really like it yet, but as of now I enjoy it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment