Thursday, May 3, 2012

P4. Choice


                I’ve reached the end of my sophomore year and I still haven’t got the slightest clue what I want to do after high school. This is the one thing that really bothers me. Why are kids expected to know what they want to do for the rest of their lives when they are only 17 or 18 years old? My sister changed her major while in college because she realized she didn’t want to major in biology like she had thought. My brother had is heart set on being a police officer and was attending Canisius College, but now he is going to go to ECC next semester for criminal justice but he still doesn’t know what he wants to do. All throughout middle school I really wanted to be a lawyer. Now being a lawyer is pretty much at the bottom of my list. Criminal justice is still something that interests me, but how am I supposed to know I want to do that forever? I’m going to Harkness for spa specialty but I can’t see myself doing nails and working at a spa for the rest of my life. It is kind of scary that in a little over a year I’m going to have to make the choice if I do or do not want to go to college; and if I decide to go to college I’m going to have to make a lot more decisions from there. I do believe that there are kids who know what they what they want to do for the rest of their life, but I think most kids have no idea. I really hate being forced to know what I want to do. I hate it when adults ask me what I want to do. I feel obligated to have a whole live plan, but I really have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment