Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Q1. Drunk Driving

                One issue that has really been standing out in my life lately, and I’m sure many others lives, is drunk driving. This is one thing that continues to cause me so much anger. Just recently in Lancaster when a 13 year old 8th grader was struck and killed it really hit home for many people. It is such a sad thing. He was a young boy and was supposed to have his whole life in front of him, but instead it was robbed from him. I don’t understand why people are still getting behind the wheel when they are not in a state to drive. It makes me so mad. What does it take for people to learn? You can’t drink and drive. It is as simple as that. I feel like it takes a person to get in an accident to realize they can’t do it. The thing is, by the time they do get in an accident it is too late anyways. You hear about people getting their 5th DWI or even more. Why are they getting their license back? They continue to put innocent people at risk and obviously can’t learn. Maybe it takes an accident involving someone close for them to learn that they can’t, but either way no one gets away with it. I think after your second and maybe even 1st DWI your license should be taken away for good, no questions. It is such a dangerous and scary thing that’s taken so many lives. I don’t feel any sorrow for people who injure or kill someone while they are driving while intoxicated. You really must be an idiot if you continue to drive drunk after hearing all these stories. I understand “you never understand until it happens to you” but in the case of drunk driving people have to understand and put an end to these countless deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment