Thursday, May 3, 2012

p5. Choice


                I can honestly say I’ve never had any idea of how money works until recently. I’ve never been the kid who gets everything handed to me and gets money whenever I want, but my parents have always provided me with everything I need. Now that I have a job I realize the importance of money. Whenever I had a birthday or Christmas and got money I would always spend it right away. Now when I get my paycheck I still spend it all but I know I need to start saving. My parents aren’t going to buy me a car, so if I want one I need to start saving. It is so hard though because when you only make $90 a week it seems like I goes so quickly. I honestly can say that last weekend I spent over 30 and I have nothing to show for it. In 30 days more than one third of my paycheck for a week of work was gone and I really don’t even know what I spent it on. Now I realize why my parents complain about money. Now it makes sense why a few dollars here and there really does make a difference. I really do enjoy having my own money! The only downfall is you realize how much is taken away from taxes and it really sucks. I would be making over 100 dollars a week but taxes take about 13 dollars out of my paycheck. It is really frustrating to not be getting that extra money but it has really made me appreciate everything my parents have ever done for me. I am looking forward to saving a lot of money and being able to say a bought a car all by myself. Hopefully I can save a lot and be able to afford a car by next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment