Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions

Throughout my life, I have done many different things on Thanksgiving. I used to go to my aunts in Amherst, but then she moved to New Jersey. After that, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my house for a few years. Three years ago we started to go to my other aunt’s house. Ever since we started going there, our Thanksgiving has been fairly interesting. The first year, my Aunt cooked the turkey in a pan that wasn’t strong enough to support it. When my Uncle Chester when to take it out of the over, the pan bent and grease splashed on the floor and he slipped. My Uncle Mike went over to try to save it and grease got in the oven and a big flame shot up and singed his eye brows off.  Two years ago on Thanksgiving, my Uncle Chester’s mother had a long hair hanging off of her plate, it was disgusting and I wasn’t hungry anymore.  Last year on Thanksgiving, my aunt and uncle decided to invite their creepy neighbor over, who was just being creepy to my cousins and I. 
Since I don’t have any young cousins, I don’t really play games or anything on the holidays. Mostly my cousins and I watch the football game together or just sit and chat with each other. My aunt isn’t really a good cook so Thanksgiving isn’t too exciting anymore. The best part of thanksgiving is seeing my cousins from New Jersey and getting to spend time with my family that I don’t see often. Two days after Thanksgiving my cousins Kayla, Rachel, my sister, and I get money from my grandma and we spend the day shopping. We get the things we buy with my grandma’s money for Christmas. It is nice to be able to pick out your own gifts. Overall, Thanksgiving is always a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment