Monday, October 17, 2011

Mrs. Landers

Throughout my life I have had many coaches and teachers. Some I have really liked, others I wasn’t too fond of, but one coach really stood out to me. My modified basketball coach, Mrs. Landers, has made the biggest impact on me. Basketball is my favorite sport and she was the best coach I ever had. When I entered 7th grade I had only been playing basketball for one year and I wasn’t too good. I loved basketball a lot though and I worked really hard to improve. Mrs. Landers was a great coach and really helped me become a better player. Given, I barely ever played, except for in the 5th quarter which is for girls who didn’t get playing time, I really enjoyed that basketball season and it was a lot of fun. My first year of modified the team was undefeated, we were 11-0. I will never forget that season for the rest of my life. I was really looking forward to having Mrs. Landers as my coach during my 8th grade year. However, I was never able to have her because when basketball season came, she was on maternity leave. I remember being really upset and let down. What I really liked about Mrs. Landers was that she really loved basketball and you could tell. She was a really tough coach, but in the end that was the best. Any team needs a coach that will push them to succeed, and she did just that. When I was in 8th grade I would always compare our coach to Mrs. Landers and they just couldn’t relate. Mrs. Landers wasn’t just a very good coach, she is my idol. I really admire her because of how hard she worked for our team, and overall she was a really kind person, and I would do anything to have her coach me another year in basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment