Monday, October 17, 2011

Decisions, Decisions...

Every young child aspires to be an astronaut, a teacher, a firefighter, a doctor, or any different number of things. However, when I was young I would say, "I want to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich." Since that point there have been many things I have had my heart set on doing. When I was about ten years old I wanted to be a crime scene investigator. I always watched C.S.I and Law and Order with my mom and that sort of sparked my interest. In the years after that I had my heart set on being a lawyer. Throughout middle school that's what I said I wanted to be. In 8th grade we did a career research project and I researched becoming a lawyer. After I finished the project I came to the conclusion I didn't want to be a lawyer. The hours were too long and I plan on having a family so I didn’t think that would work out too well. When I entered high school I had no idea what I wanted to be. I knew I would go to college but I had no idea what for. This year my thoughts and feelings on college have changed a lot. I'm starting to think college isn't for me, maybe I will go to a cosmetology school? Or maybe, just maybe, if I get a scholarship to play basketball I will go to college and become a secretary. I am still interested in Criminal justice though. So maybe I will go to school and become a paralegal. I have so many choices of what I can do with my life. Although at this point I am completely clueless on what to do. I think within the next year or two I will get an idea and everything will go from there. I still feel so young and it's weird to think that in the next few years I will have to make a decision on what I will probably be doing the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment