Monday, October 31, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

My favorite holiday is Christmas. I have always loved Christmas. When I was younger I used to just love it because of the gifts. Now that I am older I love it for many reasons. I love getting to spend the day with family I don’t see often. I love Christmas music. It is just such a jolly time of the year and it seems like everyone is nice to everyone around the holiday season. I love walking into the grocery store and seeing a person ringing a bell and everyone donating money. It is so nice at the mall seeing everyone doing their holiday shopping. I love decorating the tree with my family. I also really like making Christmas cookies with my mom. Christmas lights and decorations are all so pretty. I never really like snow, but I love it during Christmas time. On Christmas Eve, I go to my cousins’ uncle’s house and we spend time together talking, laughing, and telling funny stories. Later, when I get home, I get ready to go to midnight mass with my cousin, Kayla, my uncle Rich, and my grandma. When I get home from midnight mass I am tired and am able to fall right asleep. I always get up early on Christmas because I am so excited. First, my parents, siblings, and I open our gifts. Then we all get ready and start cleaning up, baking, cooking, and getting ready for our family to come over. People start arriving at around 3. I always get really anxious to see everyone, and hate waiting until 3. When everyone arrives we all enjoy each other’s company and make many new memories. When Christmas is over it always makes me sad because I have to wait an entire year for the Christmas cheer to arrive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment