Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Rugby Game...

On the morning of Sunday October 23rd I was preparing to take the hour and a half car ride with my mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma, to St. Bonaventure to watch my sister's rugby game. I made a shirt with my sister’s and her two friends names on it in support of their team. After an eventful car ride of getting lost and pulling over so my grandma could throw up, we finally arrived in Olean. We met up with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins to watch the game. This was an important game because they were undefeated and so was St. Bonaventure. My sister’s team was losing at the end of the first half. My sister went in the game for the first time in the beginning of the second half. Not even 5 minutes into the game my sister was on the ground screaming, and we all heard her yell, “My other knee!” As soon as my family and I heard this we knew it was bad because during the last rugby season she dislocated her knee.  Before I knew it my mom and dad were running on the field. Surprise! She dislocated her other knee. First, an athletic trainer showed up, then a St. Bonaventure van. After that, two police cars and an ambulance came. Luckily, there was a hospital down the street. My aunt and uncle took my grandma and grandpa home so they wouldn’t have to wait at the hospital. When my mom, dad, and I got to the hospital they said only two people are allowed in the room with her. I had to wait in the waiting room. There are a lot of weird people from Olean, and I was very uncomfortable. I overheard people talking about how they wanted to kill their dogs, and the people sitting behind me were eating terrible smelling soup. My sister ended up driving back to her college with her teammates and was fine. Overall, it was a very eventful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment