Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fallout

I never really liked reading until the end of this summer. I started reading a book called “Fallout.” When I finished the book I started another one right away. “Fallout” was a really good book that really sparked my interest in reading. It is about three different young people. The first one is named Autumn. She lives with her grandpa and aunt. Her dad is in jail and she never met her mother. Another is a girl named Summer. She is a foster child who is always bouncing home to home. The third is a boy named Hunter, he lives with his grandparents and never met his mom or dad. Each of these people has completely different stories but somehow all relate to each other. Autumn has a fairly good life and is very thankful to have her aunt, until her aunt meets a man and moves out and gets married. Summer never has had a home until she gets kicked out of her foster home and lives with her dad, her life was going good. She got a boyfriend and everything turned around for her when her father went to jail and she had to go to another foster home. She runs away from that foster home and goes with her boyfriend where they become homeless. Hunter has the best life of the three. He has a good job at a radio station and he has a good relationship. As the story unfolds the reader soon realizes that each of the children have the same drug addict mother, Kristina. Each of the young adults have different father though. The kids all meet one Christmas after a series of events. Overall, “Fallout” was a great book and it really kept my attention. I would recommend it to anyone. I’m glad I realized that reading isn’t boring and lame like I used to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment