Monday, March 26, 2012

N3. Jobs

This summer I really want a job. I’m only 15 so it’s pretty tough to find a job anywhere. I applied at an ice cream place here in Alden, but they never called me back. There is a ton of places I can apply when I turn 16, but I have a late birthday at the end of July so it is kind of tough. My brother, Jacob, has worked at Berner’s Farms for many years now and he said he could probably get me a job. Actually, just last night my mom talked to a women that works there and she said she’s sure they could use me there and to pick up an application. I am really looking forward to working because I hate asking my parents for money and really don’t want to have to depend on them for everything. My friend Beatrice’s cousin owns a catering business and I have helped her a few times and have made quite a bit of money each time. It is fun to help her, but I don’t work with her often so it isn’t really anything that I can depend on as a job. Once I turn 16 I think I’m going to apply at the gas station at the end of my street. It is close enough for me to walk there and would be very convenient. Once I get my license it will be nice because I won’t have to have a job that is very close to my house. I’m going to Harkness next year for spa specialty and I will able to get a license for doing nails. When I turn 17 I can officially get a job doing nails. I am really excited to do that, it is something I would enjoy doing, not to mention it would make very good money from tips. Overall, I do not have a job now, but I can’t wait to get one and start making money!

No comments:

Post a Comment