Thursday, March 1, 2012

l4. choice

On Tuesday February 21st I played in my last game of the season for basketball. We played against the Depew Wildcats. My team and I definitely thought we were going to win. During our winter tournament we played Depew and lost by only 1 point. This was supposed to be our game and we were going to advance to the sectionals. The first quarter wasn’t great. We were only down by a few points so we weren’t out of the game. But after that it all went downhill. We ended up losing by a lot. The final score was 26 to 55. I can honestly say I was so embarrassed after the game. If we were going to lose we shouldn’t have lost by that much and we should’ve played much harder as a team. The night after our game I was pretty bummed out. I don’t think it really hit me yet that the season was over though. The next day I felt so bad. I just kept thinking about coach Delzer and how mad at us he probably was. The last thing I wanted to do was to disappoint our coach who has had faith in us all season long. I know people say “oh it’s just a game” but it really means more to me than just that. Even now more than a week later I keep thinking about that game and it makes me upset to think how we just let Depew walk away with a win that easily. I have to wait almost a whole year to play basketball for school again and until then the result of that game will always bother me. We were such a better team than that to play such a bad game. Not to mention we were at home, home court advantage couldn’t even help us. I really don’t know why we fell apart that night. Depew wasn’t a great team and we could have easily beaten them. We just weren’t playing together at all. I think me, along with all the girls coming back next year have learned a lesson and won’t ever let that happen again.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a hard loss. I still am upset over that game, even a week later. It was a great season though. I'm really going to miss basketball and I'm looking forward to supporting you girls next year!

    ReplyDelete