Wednesday, March 7, 2012

M3. Embarrassing Moment

Christian Bale said, “But I learned that there's a certain character that can be built from embarrassing yourself endlessly. If you can sit happy with embarrassment, there's not much else that can really get to ya.” I will be the first to admit I get embarrassed so easily. It doesn’t take much to make me turn bright red in embarrassment. I can honestly say I can’t put my finger on one individual time that I was most embarrassed during. I get embarrassed when I answer a question wrong in a class. I get embarrassed when I miss a shot in basketball or shoot and air ball.  There is just so much that I get embarrassed over and I don’t really even know why. I say stupid things all the time and embarrass myself. Half of the time when I get embarrassed it isn’t even that big of a deal but I still turn really red. One moment I remember being really embarrassed during was when I got pulled up to the sectionals semi-final basketball game as a freshman. We were playing Roy-Hart I remember sitting on the bench and not expecting or having any desire to go in the game because I was so nervous. Coach Delzer walked over to me and said Snyder you’re going in. I was kneeling waiting to go in and my heart was pounding I have never been so nervous ever. When I got in the game we were breaking Roy-Harts press. We got the ball in and I got the ball passed to me on the left side near half court. It was a perfect 2 on 1 with Lauren Kocher and I. I started to dribble the ball… and before I knew it the referee blew the whistle and called me for traveling. I was so embarrassed and angry at myself. Coach Delzer took me out right after that. . I only played for a few seconds that game, but that’s okay because after my travel all I wanted to do was sit on the bench.  

2 comments:

  1. What about the time you went to inbound the ball but it was the opponent's possession? Then you had to run down the entire court while everyone knew about the mistake that you had just made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried to forget that it was so bad, thanks for reminding me though

    ReplyDelete