Monday, March 5, 2012

m2 texting and driving

I’m so excited to get my permit this summer. My birthday isn’t until the end of July so I have to wait a while until I can start driving but I’m counting down until I can. I think that once I get my license I won’t text and drive. When I drive with my brother or other young drivers and they text it doesn’t really bother me but I know it is very dangerous. My sister and I almost got in an accident once because she was texting and driving. It is really easy to just drift into the other lane without realizing it when you are texting and driving. I think it is scary to text and drive because you are paying absolutely no attention to the road. After the prom assembly last year it really made me open my eyes about the dangers of texting and driving and I think it’s something I probably won’t do. Most people from this generation are always on their phone; which is tough because they will want to text while they are driving and they don’t think that they will ever get into an accident.  According to the American Automobile Association 50% of teens admit to texting while driving. In 2008 texting and driving was the cause of 16% of all accidents. In the last 4 years cell phones have become much more popular so the amount of accidents cause by mobile devices has probably increased by a lot. It isn’t just teens that text and drive. I have been in the car with my parents when they have checked their phones. I’ve also been in the car with my friends’ parents and they have texted while driving. I think texting while driving is very dangerous but I don’t think people will just not text and drive because of that. This is a problem that will continue to injure and result in fatalities of many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment