Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Semifinals

                Basketball has been my favorite sport since I was in 6th grade. In 7th grade, my first year of modified I was really an awful player. I would only play a few minutes out of the whole game, and there was a 5th quarter for people who didn’t play that much, that was when I really got the chance to play. That never bothered me though. From 7th to 8th grade I improved a lot. I had a lot of playing time in 8th grade and I was a captain of the team, I was also the top scorer of our team. When JV tryouts came around I made the team, and was a starter as a freshman. I worked so hard all season and made a lot of improvements. When the varsity play offs rolled around two of the three JV captains were pulled up to play for varsity, I was not. I was somewhat disappointed but there was nothing I could do about it. I went and watched the varsity playoff game against JFK, Alden won, and after the game the varsity coach came up to me and asked if I wanted to play in the semifinals game for him, of course, my answer was yes. The day of the game came and I was so excited to be able to be playing with the varsity team as a freshman. It was a very close game, and after half time Coach Delzer called my name. I was going in the game. My stomach dropped I was so, so nervous. I played for about 6 seconds, but those 6 seconds really meant a lot to me. We ended up losing the game by 3 points, it was upsetting, but there was nothing I could do. This is a game I will never forget and it was a great moment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment