Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Falling.

My favorite season of the year is autumn. The fall has been my favorite season since I was little. I used to pick apples and help my grandpa make apple cider with them. I always looked forward to helping him, and then drinking the delicious apple cider! I also used to love the fall because it was hunting season. I would always get to go to my grandma’s because my dad and uncles would be there so I would spend a lot of time with my cousins. Now that I am older in still love the fall, I love the fall for many reasons. First off, it is the perfect weather. It isn’t too cold and it isn’t too warm either. Also, it is very beautiful. The leaves are so pretty when they change color and fall to the ground. The carved pumpkins, gourds, and cornstalks in front of peoples’ homes add to the beauty. Soccer season also goes on throughout the fall. There is nothing better than playing a soccer game on a beautiful fall day. Friday night football games are also a highlight of fall. It is nice to sit in the bleachers cheering on the team sitting under a blanket with all my friends around. During the fall I love going to Mayer Brothers to buy apple cider with my mom. There is nothing better than waking up and having hot apple cider on a cold fall morning. Fall is also the beginning of the school year, which means I get to spend my advisement everyday with Mr. Currin and this year I am fortunate enough to have a class that he teaches.  Thanksgiving is another thing that I love about fall. I really enjoy spending the day with my family and watching the football game.  I still really like all the other seasons, but fall is by far my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment