Monday, December 5, 2011

$200

I was with my friend, Beatrice Czup and she asked me if I wanted to help her cater for her cousins business with her. At first I was hesitant because I didn’t know what I was going to be doing. After she asked a few times a said I would go with her. Her sister and cousin came and got us and we started to drive to Batavia. On the way there we had to stop and buy 40 pounds of ice from a gas station. When we arrived in Batavia we pulled into a driveway of an extremely huge house. I didn’t even think it was a house at first, I thought it was something like a banquet hall. As we got closer up the long, long driveway I saw a dog and then realized, this is someone’s house. We walked it and it was a really pretty house. You could tell the people that lived there were into the outdoors because the house had a deer and bear theme. The house had a four car garage and I had never seen a house so big. People hadn’t started arriving at the party yet and we had to prepare for the party. Bea asked me to clean off glasses with a cloth. I was standing there for a while and when I looked up and to my right I saw a huge mounted giraffe on the wall. Giraffe’s are my favorite animal and it really freaked me out. Finally people started arriving and there was 6 snobby rich people standing in the bar of the house and Becca, the caterer, asked me to go offer them hor d'oeuvres. Not only did I have to remember the names of them I had to know what was in them. She sent me out with the tray first to offer them. I walked out and the 6 people all said they didn’t want anything. I didn’t know what to do so I just was standing their awkwardly with a try of food that no one wanted. Thankfully Bea walked out with food and again, everyone said no so we just walked away together. Later when more people arrived I had to keep going around offering them food. After a long night we finally got to clean up and start packing things up getting ready to leave. The owner of the house then came along and gave me and Bea both 2 one hundred dollar bills. Overall, it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment