Wednesday, December 21, 2011

70's

If I had to go back to one time period it would be a difficult choice. I like the time period I live in now. I especially like the technology that is around. I don’t think I would want to live in a time that didn’t have texting, Facebook, Twitter, cell phones, and iPods. However, a time period that does sound fun to live through would be the 70’s. One thing that appeals to me from the 1970’s is the fashion. Not that I would wear clothes form the 70’s now, but if I lived then I would like them. Clothes such as jumpsuits, clogs, platform shoes, and bell bottoms would be fun to wear. I also would have really liked the music throughout the 70’s. I would have really enjoyed artists such as John Lennon, Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, and The Doors. Another thing from the 70’s that I would like was the style of art that was popular, pop art. I think it would have been fun to participate in anti-war movements during the 1970’s. I think the whole “hippie” kind of thing seems like it would be fun too. Things I would have liked to own when they came out in the 70’s would be mood rings, a lava lamp, Rubik’s cube, smiley face stickers, and pet rocks. Negative things about the 1970’s that I wouldn’t enjoy would be the Vietnam War and The Beatles breaking up, as long as Elvis Presley dying. Woman started getting more political rights in the 70’s and I would like to have lived to see that happen. Shows that I would have liked to watch if I grew up in the 70’s would be The Brady Bunch, Sesame Street, Happy Days, and Saturday Night Live. Overall, I would have liked to live during the 70’s.

1 comment:

  1. Great Article, but what about the Steelers and the Cowboys

    ReplyDelete